The Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) has released information regarding a period one reporting extension via DocuSign form for providers who experienced extenuating circumstances. From April 11, 2022 to April 22, 2022 at 11:59pm EST, providers who did not complete their required HRSA reporting can submit late reporting via a DocuSign if the following extenuating circumstances apply:
• Severe illness or death – a severe medical condition or death of a provider or key staff member responsible for reporting hindered the organization’s ability to complete the report during the Reporting Period.
• Impacted by natural disaster – a natural disaster occurred during or in close proximity of the end of the Reporting Period damaging the organization’s records or information technology.
• Lack of receipt of reporting communications – an incorrect email or mailing address on file with HRSA prevented the organization from receiving instructions prior to the Reporting Period deadline.
• Failure to click “submit” – the organization registered and prepared a report in the PRF Reporting Portal, but failed to take the final step to click “submit” prior to deadline.
• Internal miscommunication or error – internal miscommunication or error regarding the individual who was authorized and expected to submit the report on behalf of the organization and/or the registered point of contact in the PRF Reporting Portal.
• Incomplete Targeted Distribution payments – the organization’s parent entity completed all General Distribution payments, but a Targeted Distribution(s) was not reported on by the subsidiary.
Providers considered non-compliant and choosing to apply for the extension must attest to the truthfulness and accuracy of their extenuating circumstance(s) within the form. Providers who apply and are approved will then have the opportunity to complete their reporting in the PRF Reporting Portal. If denied the extension, the provider is considered non-compliant and must return all funds not reported to the HRSA. This extension cannot be requested to make changes to reporting already completed. Please click here for details on how to request an extension due to extenuating circumstances.
If you are planning to submit a request for late reporting but have not registered in the PRF Portal, you can click here for registration. The DocuSign Form can be found here.
In addition, all providers who received $750,000 or more in provider relief funds from the HHS will be subjected to Single Audit requirements that must be submitted electronically. Please click here for more information on the audit requirements.