The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day HR functions and performs a variety of responsibilities, including administration of policies, benefits, records management, new hire process, orientations, worker compensation, company functions and activities, assists with FMLA/ADA and able to assist in leading recruitment efforts. Must be comfortable with employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with local/state/federal employment laws
• Handles new hire process, orientation, etc.
• Responsible for the administration of benefit plans
• Provides employees with information about policies, company requirements, opportunities for promotion, etc.
• Supports Human Resources in planning, implementing, communicating and administering human resources programs, policies and practices
• Handles disputes, terminations and assists in disciplinary procedures
• Follows up on Workers Compensation reporting
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports
• Responsible for coordinating company functions and activities
• Performs other duties as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources or a combination of 6 years of formal training in HR and leadership experience
• Knowledge about local, state and federal legislation and regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Self-motivated and a problem solver
• Strong computer and organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
Back to top